Sunday, January 24, 2010

Engaging the brain

Brain and how it works have always facinate me. The saying, 'if you don't use it, you will loose it' is indeed very true.

Writing stimulates thoughts; the act of putting pen to paper or finger to keyboard engages our brains. To write we have to think.

In my view, what better way to engage the brain than to write a journal/blog as a collection of our thoughts. Writing and reading it thereafter, helps us reflect on the happenings in our life and put our life in perspective. It can be for pleasure and self-guidance/learning.

Keeping a journal/blog can be very rejuvenating to the soul. To read more about journalling and its benefit, go or copy the link below:

http://www.infed.org/research/keeping_a_journal.htm

2 comments:

  1. Hey, very tired is it? First 2 sentences already so many typos! ;)

    Reflective journals are pretty good for self development. But I think it's important to have an 'outside view' as well. So making the journal a blog would be the perfect solution! :)

    Unfortunately I really hate writing things down. Can I stimulate my brain with mahjong instead? =-P

    Regards
    Mark
    http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, no wonder, I thought the word 'facinate' looks strange. Anyway, am not too worried about typos since this is a personal blog, as long as my reader understands what I am writing about (hehehe).

    I am a person who like choices. With mahjong, you need to choose the right mahjong kakis'though.

    ReplyDelete