Saturday, March 27, 2010

Organic Farming

Whenever I shop for groceries and vegetables, I would pass the organic section and compare prices. The price for 2 carrots (organic) is rm5.50 against rm1.90 for a pack imported from Australia (non organic); a loaf of organic wholemeal bread rm7.50. So I am thinking that the only way to go fully organic is do your own organic farming and to bake your own bread using organic ingredients, ie. ...

... going back to the basics.

To do that I would need a big garden space and time. Farming is a fulltime job. Even if I have the garden space (or decide to find one), could I afford the time and can I do it? I am presently toying with the idea of moving back to my family home and start organic farming. I might one day...

2 comments:

  1. Why the interest in organic products? Are they more healthy? :)

    I read somewhere that the difference is more significant for meat than for vegetables/fruit. Or the other way around, I forget. =-P

    Either way I normally just grab whichever's cheaper. >.<

    Regards
    Mark
    http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely more healthier!:o

    My retirement plan... hehehe.

    ReplyDelete