Thursday, November 4, 2010

At a juncture

New entry (31 Jan 2011):

I am happy to have found a Buddhist temple (near my home) that has Buddhism books written/translated into English. Have taken a few books with me and am currently reading: "Everything is teaching us -- a collection of teachings by Venerable Ajahn Chah."

Entry posted on 14 Nov 2010:

At this juncture, Buddhism has come into my life and I intend to find out "why Buddhism?"

Nobody had preached Buddhism to me nor was I lured into it. One thing lead to another...

... I was visiting a friend and she was on her way to the Buddhist temple so I tagged along. Later, she gave me a book about Buddhist parables and stories. Weeks later, while spending a weekend at my family home, I found a book about Buddhism on the bookshelf (left by my brother). I brought the book back with me and it has been by my bedside for four months now. Although I had read it from cover to cover, I am still keeping it by my bedside until I get another book...

No comments:

Post a Comment