Sunday, May 29, 2011

How happy are you at the moment?

I was reading a book about developing happiness in daily living and found this simple scale interesting. It was devised by psychologist Edward Diener, the founding father of happiness research in the 1980s. The scale has been widely used by researchers.

Read the following five statements. Then used a 1 - 7 scale to rate your level of agreement. I found the same scale on Oprah.com, go to the link below if you wish to do it on Oprah's website.

Scale:
Not at all true (choose either 1 or 2)
Moderately true (choose 3, 4 or 5)
Absolutely ture (choose 6 or 7)


Statements:
1. in most way my life is close to my ideal ( )

2. the conditions of my life are excellent ( )

3. I am satisfied with my life ( )

4. so far, I have gotten the important things I want in life ( )

5. if I could live my life over, I would change almost nothing ( )


Scoring:
31 to 35 - you are extremely satisfied with your life
26 to 30 - very satisfied
21 to 25 - slightly sattisfied
20 - neutral point
15 to 19 - slightly dissatisfied
10 to 14 - dissatisfied
5 to 9 - extremely dissatisfied


I do not have anger in my life at the moment but a little dissatisfaction to iron out. Am working on it and hope my dissatisfaction will decrease :))

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Satisfaction-with-Life-Scale

No comments:

Post a Comment