Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How are you, Marvin?

Hi Marvin,

Maybe what I hv written so far may not be in sync with your current train of thoughts. It may seem like I am pushing you to the direction that you cannot or won't take or that I do not understand yr situation. But, if I were to concur with what you hv written, would there then be any room for inner reflection in yr part or mine even? It is because of the differences in our opinions and situations that l believe can create more room for self reflection.

I know, I may sound like I don't understand yr current situation, but I do. Sometimes, there are too many high stakes in the current situation that a mistake can cause a lot of damages. And there is no 'window of opportunity' to get out. I was lucky that I had my window of opportunity but then it came after 10 years! My mother didn't get her window of opportunity because she lived in an era where divorce or separation is unheard of. Having said that maybe her window of opportunity was her ealry death (at the age of 38 yo), ie. releasing her from her torment and sadness.

However, I believe that even though one does not hv the window yet, one can still empower oneself by saying it out loud to someone or write in a journal. Because when you do that, you sort of share your trouble or predicament with someone and somehow it will feel much better and lighter. And the thing will be stored in your memory space and will not occupy your current state of mind (if you know what I mean...).

Anyways, I read in a psychology journal, "a sense of personal control, empowerment and self-determination are associated with positive mental health"

I hope you are getting along fine :)

Warm regards,
Alee.

No comments:

Post a Comment