Sunday, February 21, 2010

Multiple Intelligences = Interest?

More stuff on brains and how it affects our learning styles and interest...

According to Howard Gardner (famous for his MI theory, click on the link below to know more), he wants his children to understand the world and an important part of that understanding is knowing who we are and what we can do..., ultimately, ...

... we must synthesize our understandings for ourselves.

During my schooling days, I was more interested in languages (English and BM classes) than maths or science subjects. As for geography and history, it depends on how it was written, I particularly liked the presentation of the form 1 - 3 geography books. Since I am inclined to like language and its usage, I must have linguistic intelligence [:)] which led me to create this blog. I guess I needed to find a way to pursue my interest. In creating this blog, I realised that I am not only linguistically intelligent but may be existentially as well (an addition to the MI list, which Gardner is still considering).

Although my potentials to write and think may not be at par with poets, great writers and thinkers, I still like (interested) to write and think. This is my interpretation of MI; MI=INTEREST.

To find out about your intelligence, go to:
http://surfaquarium.com/MI/profiles/index.htm

Article on Howard Gardner's MI Theory:
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm

3 comments:

  1. I must be very non-intelligent because I didn't like any of the stuff at school. Hm, the canteen food was decent though... :)

    Would Daniel Goleman's emotional intelligence be considered a mixture of inter- and intra-personal intelligence?

    Regards
    Mark
    http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. EQ may be Daniel Goleman's interpretation of inter- and intra-personal intelligences.

    And MI=Interest is my interpretation (hehe...) Although my potentials to write and think may not be at par with poets, great writers and thinkers, I still like (interested) to read, write and think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality of writing is really subjective. Just because people use long sentences with big words doesn't make them great writers. :)

    In my opinion a great writer is just someone who gets across what's in his head/heart, into the head/heart of the reader.

    Regards
    Mark
    http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete