Friday, March 19, 2010

My life, my choice

New entry (5 Jan 2011):

According to Buddhism ~ "to recognize the possibility of being free is the starting point of the path of inner transformation" and "the real measure of spiritual development lies in how well a person manages disturbing emotions such as anger, envy and jealousy"

Writing this entry today, I realized that I have grown stronger spiritually and I have more understanding of the purpose of life and how to live a more meaningful life.

Entry posted on 13 March 2010:

"I have absolute freedom: I am free to choose how to live my life and responsible for my choice." (Alee)

It is I who is to be blamed because it is I who made the decision/choice of my life.

Would saying these statements clear the many thoughts from my mind and would I become more at peace with myself and everyone around me?

3 comments:

  1. You are what you Think...that is the power of our mind...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one's life depend on own thought and living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with both comments (above) that thinking (eg. reflective thinking) is very important to human being; without thinking, we may drift aimlessly in life.

    However, I think the problem arises from thinking (in daily life instances) is that we take too many things into consideration (ie. thinking of what others would think or say...).

    What I meant in my quote is that I would only think about what I think and will refrain from thinking of what others will think or say.

    ReplyDelete