Thursday, March 18, 2010

A New Earth?

I have just finished reading Eckhart Tolle's book, A New Earth: Awakening to your life's purpose. I remembered reading the review on this book sometime ago but wasn't that interested in it. However, a few days ago, while in a bookshop it caught my attention and I decided to purchase it.

The day after I bought the book, my daughter came back from her church group activity and informed me that her church member told her about this book ...

... and mentioned that it is something like a new 'cult' similar to the comments on The Secret a few years ago. Since I haven't finished the book, I reserve my comment.

Now, having read the book, my opinion is that it is a person's (author's) view of what being human is like; what sort of 'being' that you are suppose to be? And he believes that every one of us is a part of something Whole; therefore we are a part of a Whole universe and will be affected by the universal force (which can work for us, with us or against us). Each of us need to enter into full alignment with the principle of the universe. Translated simply; make dynamic goals in life instead of static ones. And the time to enter into full alignment is the Now, the Presence.

"Dynamic goal empowers and points toward an activity that you are engaged in and through which you are connected to other human beings as well as to the Whole. Instead of seeing yourself as a famous actor or writer and so on, see yourself inspiring countless people with your work and enriching their lives. Feel how that activity enriches or deepens not only your life but that of countless others. Feel yourself being an opening through which energy flows from the unmanifested Source of all life through you for the benefit of all" (Tolle, 2005:305).

If you have read the book, please share your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment