Saturday, January 29, 2011

A lost book...

In a recent outstation trip, I found a book on the airport taxi counter. Before, I would have just picked up the book and put it in my bag without a doubt because I believe that finders are keepers.

But at the taxi counter, as I picked up the book and reading the title, I was thinking about the owner of the book. The subject matter is about regaining, retraining and maintaining one's brain. As I love reading anything about our three-pound universe, I can't resist taking the book. So as not to feel guilty (and being mindful about bad karma), I asked the lady behind the taxi counter whether she saw anyone leaving the book there? She shooked her head. So I told her that I am going to take the book with me and I will leave my contact number with her in case the person comes back to claim the book.

Now, in order not to have bad karma, I decided that I am going to sort of "borrow" the "lost book". I will take it with me and will return it should the owner call. If the owner did not call, I will then pass it forward to someone else after reading it.

The rationale; I will not only avoid accumulating bad karma but creating good karma when I pass the book onto some else who needed it... :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi. At boat marinas, we have a counter where sailors would leave "stuff" especially books for other sailors to pick up as sailors sail around the world. Taxi counters can be a good exchange counter too for travelers to exchange books.

    Our 3lb universe is a gift from our creator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good idea ~ to leave it at the airport taxi counter :D

    ReplyDelete