Friday, March 4, 2011

Goals vs Dreams


"A goal is a dream with a deadline" (Napoleon Hill)

Dreams on the other hand ~ "pass into the reality of action. From the action stems the dream again; and this interdependence produces the highest form of living" (Anais Nin)

New entry (March 14, 2011)

Barack Obama’s dream is — 'bring about real change, change that we can believe in.'

He has proven that if someone has a clear authentic dream, responds to it with love and passion, has the courage to pursue this dream, has faith in him/herself, and lives according to their dream, this dream will guide that person’s life and will result in purposeful and resolute actions. He took the responsibility to identify with his dreams and hope, and to respond to them with love and passion.

Entry posted on March 4, 2011:

I don't make goals but I have dreams. I realised one of my earliest dream in early 90's. Realising my dream made me believed that dream does come true! I have never stop dreaming ever since. Many more dreams has came true for me. One of my early 90's dreams came true in early 2000's (which has since paved way to more dreams). The most recent dream that came true was the one in early last year; another came true today; and one more in the pipeline waiting to be realised, hopefully this September. But then, since it is a dream, whether or not it materialised doesn't bother me; by focusing on it long enough, it will materialised when the right time comes along (ie. when its time to ripen).

I would not say that they materialised due to luck alone but in fact, I was preparing myself and waiting for them to materialise. Dreams do come true, one just need to be prepared and ready to accept them (sometimes, it does take a number of years, though, hahaha... even a decade!, ~ one need to have lots of perseverance and patience). When they do come true, you will feel a sense of real joy in your heart and only those who had their dream came true will truly understand the feeling.

"Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them" (John Updike).

No comments:

Post a Comment