Sunday, April 17, 2011

Remembering Mom

It is now past 1am ~ I am in a melancholic mood and thinking of my mom. A close female friend's predicament has triggered my melancholic feeling and the sudden thought of my mother.

I did not have the opportunity to know my mother very well. She passed away after a bout of illnesses. I was 13 yo then. I had felt for many years later that her death was untimely and I missed her a lot. I had gathered from the promise my mother made to me that her life was not the life that she had planned. She made the promise to me when she was lying in the hospital bed but sadly she was unable to fulfil it due to her early death.

My mother's life experience has taught me to believe in myself and not to depend on others. She was the reason for the way I think and the actions I had taken that have gotten me exactly where I am today, right now. The memory of her gave me the strength to do what I had to do to live the life I wanted.

My wish for all women in the world ~ live the life that you want and don't let others tell you otherwise :)

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry about how you are feeling. I hope this Spring will bring you some peace.

    ReplyDelete