Monday, April 25, 2011

Just One More Breath

The space between life and death = one breath!

Life can be so easily taken from us ~ just a breath away.

Life is so fragile ~ we do not know when our final breath would be: tonight, tomorrow, day after... ???

A good friend of mine lost her eldest daugther in a motor accident last night. Her daughter was in her early twenties. When I first received the news, I could not believe it - I told myself they must have mistaken, it must be someone else. I tried calling my friend but couldn't get thru to her. Then this morning, at 6.30am, my friend sent me a message: "Alee, I have lost my daughter, forever" That message really broke my heart. I called her and tried to console her. Deep down in my heart, I know that any parent who had just lost a child would be unconsolable. I told her that I will be there for her, call me whenever she wants to talk to somebody. I hope that she will find comfort from her family members.

Does knowing that life is short makes one more afraid to die or more determine to live a happy and fulfilling one? My choice is the latter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment