Tuesday, March 9, 2010

International Women's Day- A belated wish

Happy International Women's Day to all my female visitors. I apologise for the belated wish. I had made a mental note to wish my female friends yesterday. Unfortunately, another agenda occupied my mind more and I totally forgotten about it until today.

The agenda which took precedence was related to women, ie. my involvement in the Malaysian Child Helpline initiative under the umbrella of the Child Helpline International ...

... which has its HQ in the Netherlands. CHI's main aim is to provide protection for children all over the world and to intervene where necessary. Most of CHI's initiatives have the support of local governments, NGOs and sponsorships from international organisations like unicef, plan. Do visit the website and help in any way you can.

http://www.childhelplineinternational.org/en/network/howitbegan"

2 comments:

  1. Still the women are tortured, no solution yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for dropping by. The solution I think is to empower women to stand up for their rights and protect their children. It's not easy and they need all the help they can get from ngos, the community and government agencies.

    ReplyDelete